You are here
Business Development Manager, Legal
- You will be a University graduate (or have equivalent experience)
- Possess a strong understanding of the complexities surrounding legal work
About Our Client
Working within our Michael Page Legal division which focuses on the recruitment of qualified legal professionals, a Business Development Manager is required to lead, develop and build our the sector across London.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITY'S include the following:
- Sales & marketing of Michael Page services by telephone, face-to-face meetings and email in order to win new clients and increase number of recruitment mandate, specifically in the Banking and Finance space within Legal Private Practice.
- Prepare and deliver pitches for major accounts
- Development of sales strategies, structures and development of initiatives and targets
- Discuss feedback of sales and recruitment processes with clients to ensure good service
- Preparing promotional materials & marketing initiatives and setting up client events
- Advising clients regarding recruitment methodologies, market trends & terms of business
- Liaising with current clients, advising on recruitment issues and filling temporary and permanent vacancies in a timely manner.
- Sourcing, interviewing and training consultants on the recruitment process and other day to day duties
- Mentoring of staff
- Helping hiring, development and training of new staff
- Driving activity levels across the team
- Full responsibility for financials eg costs, budget
- Business planning
- Liaising with Directors and Managing Director on business challenges, plans, innovations and best practice.
- Interviewing and screening of candidates on behalf of clients
- Determining specifications on vacancies (within Banking & Finance)
- Negotiating of fees for recruitment & other human capital services
- Referral & scheduling of interviews between candidates & clients
- Running employee induction sessions
- Conducting workplace health & safety assessments
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Business Development
- Client acquisition - number of new clients developed
- Revenue - fees generated
- Business planning (market analysis, work the opportunities)
- Marketing (participation, contribution of new concepts)
- Client service - qualitative (level of service & relationships)
- Candidate service - qualitative (level of service & relationships)
People / Team
- Team management (Relationships with team members, manage relationships between team members, maintain low t/o, motivation of team)
- Business Management (complete required monthly processes, ensure team members manage own admin responsibilities)
- Planning (plan for individuals and for the team)
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will:
- be a University graduate (or have equivalent experience, skills and qualifications) with previous experience of recruitment into the Legal Sector sector.
- possess a strong understanding of the complexities surrounding legal work, qualifications and careers and be able to demonstrate leading sales staff.
- have experience of coaching and managing performance of staff in a sales environment.
- have excellent business development skills and a proven track record in the UK legal sector, with in depth knowledge of recent changes in structure and strategy.
- an established network of contacts across the finance and banking markets in London.
As your role within Michael Page International includes operating as part of a team, you are expected to work as a team member, show appropriate behaviours and respect to all our employees and work with a spirit of co-operation. This includes being able to demonstrate that you have the right, initiative, drive, influencing, resilience, teamwork behaviours to be successful at Michael Page.
What's on Offer
£32,500 - 35,000 + benefits + Bonus
Closing Date December 12th 2016