You are here
This position is now filled
Business Development Manager - Water Specialist
- Business Development Manager with a scientific research background
- Knowledge of the water-related environment sectors needed
About Our Client
My client is a world-class research organisation focusing on land and freshwater ecosystems and their interaction with the atmosphere.
The Business Development Manager - Water Specialist will be responsible for the following:-
- Provide business development support, promoting water related Science Areas and services, to meet organisational commercial and non-commercial income targets
- Support Science Directors, Section Heads and scientific staff with regard to developing, monitoring and maintaining customer relations
- Providing early anticipation of research opportunities
- Highlighting tender announcements
- Supporting the preparation and submission of high quality expressions of interest, pre-qualification questionnaires grant proposals and tenders.
- Lead market research into new customers and/or new opportunities for existing customers, including commercial entities, and prepare strategies for building those new business areas.
- Monitor the research programmes and activities of my client's partners and competitors, providing key information for the development of my client's institutional/programmatic strategies and tactics.
- Identify and support the development of strategic partnerships with institutions in the UK, other European and non-European countries, including regional/global organisations.
- Develop and support the activities and effectiveness of knowledge exchange activities to demonstrate and optimise the impact of my research, including private sector engagement, exhibitions and impact case studies.
- Generate leads / opportunities associated with the above activities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the new Business development Manager - Water Specialist will need to come with the following to be considered:-
- Demonstrable competence of undertaking business development activity within a scientific research or consultancy organisation.
- Extensive working knowledge of the water and water-related environmental sectors, for example hydrological extremes (floods and droughts), water resources or water quality.
- A proactive individual with excellent interpersonal skills, able to work seamlessly across personnel in research, policy and business environments.
- Strong capability to deliver projects to time and budget, in a changing organisational context
- Driven by strategic and targeted-oriented delivery of revenue to support research activities, including direct experience of tender coordination.
- Knowledge of current political debates in the environmental field, and an ability to identify connections between policy development, business needs, and scientific drivers.
- Experience of working with international markets, clients and projects is desirable
Candidate will need to be based from their Oxfordshire HQ around 80% of the time - however national travel will also be required for the role.
What's on Offer
up to Â£40,000 per annum basic salary + 30 days holiday (plus the bank holidays) + fantastic pension scheme + strong career progression + other fantastic benefits.