You are here
This position is now filled
Business Development Manager
- A sales professional with a strong track record within cleaning/ hygiene sector?
- Do you have effective communication skills and strong commercial acumen?
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading business within the cleaning, hygiene and infection control sector. They provide chemical, hygiene and janitorial products and services to businesses ranging from blue chip companies to the NHS and public sector organisations to individual retail businesses to Michelin Star restaurants. This is a global business with operations in Europe and North America as well as the UK.
The role is predominantly field based and is focused on the profitable growth of the HORECA sector in the North of England. You will be responsible for generating your own leads and building a strong sales pipeline in order to maintain and increase sales revenue.
The objectives for the Business Development Manager include:
- Pro-actively drive forward sales and gross margin within the Cleaning & Hygiene industry across the North of England
- To identify and develop relationships to grow opportunities and new business with prospective and existing customers
- Ensure that sales value and gross margin targets are met and exceeded
- Responsible for the entire consultational sales process (from conducting a full customer review to establishing customer requirements to writing reports to outline recommendations)
- To demonstrate products and train end users
- Successfully negotiate and close multiple product contracts with customers utilising strong commercial acumen to maximise the success of the business
- Help to direct company Sales & Marketing Strategy by analysing and reporting on customer and competitor activity and identifying business opportunities
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to sell in a consultative manner and who have managed direct customers within the UK market. Suitable candidates will ideally come from the industry and have a successful track record in acquiring new business and managing existing customer accounts.
The ability to effectively to manage a wide range of relationships (from a Facilities Manager to a Specifier to a Procurement Manager to a Managing Director) is of paramount importance. You will need to be able to identify decision makers from all associated product areas within prospect and customer accounts.
You will be a passionate, dedicated, confident and innovative individual who doesn't just accept the "status quo" but who will bring forward their own ideas to try and improve things and provide mutually beneficial solutions to sometimes complex scenarios. Your "can do" attitude will result in you striving to get the best for both your customers and the business.
The jobholder will be home office based and will need to be flexible as he / she will be required to travel extensively across the North of England.
What's on Offer
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the successful applicant and this will include a significant sales bonus, a contributory pension scheme and a company car.