You are here
Business Development Manager
- Help a leading brand within Banking to bring a new product to market!
- Business Develoment position within the Mortgage industry
About Our Client
Challenger bank who have an excellent brand are looking to provide Mortgage offerings to the market.
Responsible for seeking out opportunities to grow and develop the Intermediary business with designated lending partners
- Manage the day to day relationship with identified brokers to ensure that the Bank is viewed as a key lending partner
- Identify and escalate changes to market conditions or competitor pricing, lending policy or attitude to risk which may present an opportunity or threat to on-going development of the Bank's mortgage strategy.
- Provide support to the Head of Intermediary Mortgages on the delivery of the Bank's lending Strategy through identified lending partners.
- Design and develop briefing material to support Intermediaries to ensure the Bank receives mortgage applications that are aligned to its appetite to risk and packaged in accordance with its underwriting requirements.
- Manage and review performance measures for intermediary lending partners, identifying and responding to any variations in trends that could lead to operational issues and potential unfair outcomes for customers.
- Maintain a high level of personal performance that focuses on delivering the right customer outcomes in line with the Banks Risk appetite and Regulation
- Demonstrate the Banks values and appropriate behaviours at all time, ensuring you always operate within the Bank's conduct and operational risk appetites
- Positively influence others by demonstrating the Bank's values and behaviour and encourage this in team members by being an overall advocate of the Bank.
- Build and develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives
Embrace conduct, operational & regulatory risk management as key responsibility in role, identify, own and appropriate manage role specific risks, and drive for appropriate customer outcomes
The Successful Applicant
Skills, knowledge and experience
Qualified to Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (Ce Map)
- Extensive experience in a prime intermediary residential and buy to let mortgage development role retail financial services product management.
- Highly numerate with strong with strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a prime intermediary residential and buy to let mortgage development role retail financial services product management
- Knowledge of retail banking products, with strong understanding of intermediary mortgage market.
- Good understanding of the drivers of sales through the intermediary market and regulatory environment.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full valid UK driving licence
What's on Offer
Field based role with flexible home working, super salary of between £45-50k plus car and additional benefits.