You are here
Business Development Manager
Experience opening Retail Accounts
Self Starter who has the ability to work on their own and part of a team
About Our Client
My client is one of the leading wholesalers of retail book ranges across the UK. Their aim is to ensure that their retail partners have the optimal book ranges in stores. Currently turning over around £30 million pounds they are a very profitable and successful business with relationships with some of the largest retail stores in the UK.
The Business Development Manager will utilise their retail knowledge to gain meetings and secure distribution with a wide range of retailers across various channels such as; High Street, Convenience, Grocer and Book Retailers.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within our market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
The Successful Applicant
The Business Development Manager will be a hunter type profile with a background of sales and Business Development with success opening up new retail accounts. You will be most effective when looking to gain distribution and drive volume. Someone that enjoys being out and about meeting with potential customers, networking, developing relationships and wider opportunities for growth will excel within this role. A tenacious, ambitious and very much self-starter will be required for this role but they would potentially be joining at a great time in this brands development. The role will be home based with one day a week in my client's Oxfordshire office and you will be used to national travel for work.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum DOE
Home based Contract with National Travel