You are here
Buyer - Food and Beverage
- Procurement opportunity in a leading UK restaurant business (Chiswick)
- Must have a passionate for food & ideally experience buying food or ingredients
About Our Client
My client is one of the most established brands in the UK. They are continuing to expand and have large growth plans for 2017. Their fantastic take on good quality food, in a great atmosphere, has enabled them to seize the market and be one of the biggest players competing in the restaurant industry. The role also offer support from regarding CIPS sponsorship and qualification.
This role will have a range of responsibilities and opportunities:
- Managing tenders for goods
- Supplier relationship management
- High level of stakeholder engagement
- Negotiation of contracts
- Categories include; meat, produce, bakery & drinks
- Deliver compliance of contracts terms through engagement of suppliers
- Be involved in the new menu development and NPD
- Management of short term and long term projects
The Successful Applicant
This role will need someone who has a passion for food and you will need to have purchasing experience, ideally within food & retail.
- Highly numerate, IT literate and analytical.
- Honesty and willing to drive personal development
- Strategic and problem solver.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written
- Flexible to changing working priorities.
- Confident to challenge standard ways of purchasing.
- Ability to multi-task
Requirements for the Role:
- Graduate Calibre.
- Minimum 2 years' experience.
- Experience managing a tender
- Food purchasing experience, various categories, preferably within foodservice / wholesale environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of purchasing .
- Self-driven for personal development.
- Flexible, willing to learn and able to work within a fast moving environment
What's on Offer
up to £35,000 salary plus CIPS Sponsorship, Bonus, Discount & Other Benefits,