You are here
Buyer - Global Technology Company
- Michael Page are representing a Global Company
- Based in the North Somerset area of the City
About Our Client
Our client is looking for a operational Buyer to join their Purchasing team and be part of their strategy going forward. This is a fast paced environment with one of Somerset's leading employers and there is plenty of room for progression for the right candidate.
- Place orders with the approved suppliers;
- Progress shortages daily and ensure information is available for Production meetings;
- Ensure Open order reports are actioned each week and MRP system is updated;
- Hold regular meetings with key Suppliers to review KPIs;
- Other tasks expected to be carried out; including but not restricted to: solving Invoice queries, managing Return to Vendor stock, FAI's, Cost updates, lead time reviews, Service stocks and spot purchases
The majority of your supply base will be within the UK and you will be purchasing component parts.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be able to step in and pick up the process with minimal fuss. This is a MRP focused role so someone with good exposure to systems such as: JD Edwards, SAP or Oracle.
- CIPS Foundation qualified or working towards
- Able to build effective relationships. Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to read mechanical engineering drawings
- Data analysis skills
- A track record of purchasing components in an engineering / production environment driven by challenging deadlines
- Ideally - Familiar with a low volume, high value manufacturing environment
- Strong communicator and negotiator and able to deliver under pressure
- Tenacious in completing supplier expedites
What's on Offer
Depending on level of expertise the starting salary will be £23,000 and with it being capped at £30,000.