You are here
Buyer - Maternity Cover
- *EXCLUSIVE WITH MICAHEL PAGE* Buyer - maternity contract.
- Candidate with strong sourcing and negotiation skills for a well-known business
About Our Client
My client started back in 1990's focusing on homewares. After almost 10 years of trade after they went through a merger and a major overhaul and are now expanding. This has led to an extremely successful period with strong and sustained growth as well as double digit profit growth YOY. They have a very efficient team comprises of Buying, Marketing, Merchandising and Production.
The products they work on are across all homeware lines and feel they are innovative, great value and provide a solution to a household need.
My client is looking for either an experience Buyer or Junior Buyer who is looking for the next step within their career.
The role of Buyer - Maternity Cover in Gloucestershire will involve the following:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Sourcing. Source product from UK and international suppliers. Attend trade shows and competitive shopping days.
- Negotiation. Negotiate terms and conditions of supply with suppliers. Negotiate best prices with suppliers while maintaining the company's high standards of quality.
- Category management. Develop and manage a range of products. Produce page spreads for each category.
- Selection. Prepare products & product information for selection meetings and range review. Produce information packs for range review and present the range.
- Profit. Manage the profitability of the category by means of pricing, returns, service and sales.
- Creative Brief. Brief copywriters and creative team on all aspects of the product and page spreads.
- Artwork & Copy. Check artwork and copy to ensure the product is presented to its best advantage.
- Product & Market awareness. Keep up to speed with market and trend developments for the category as well as any product legislation.
- Staff Management. Managing and developing a Buyer's Assistant.
The Successful Applicant
Some key skills for the role of Buyer - Maternity Cover will include;
- Ability to source successful product
- Strong negotiation skills
- Market and product awareness
- Excellent communication and commercial skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work accurately and to deadlines
- Good team player
- Previous experience working with a retail buying team is advantageous
- Excel - formatting, formulas, "level 3" or intermediate to advanced level.
- Word - formatting, mail merges.
- Power point - presentation skills
What's on Offer
£Competitive + excellent package. (9M contract with a possibility to extend)