You are here
Buyer - Maternity Cover
- Buyer - 12m Maternity Contract
- Looking for an experience Buyer with strong client relationships
About Our Client
My client has a large portfolio of outlets across the UK and Ireland along with a rapidly growing online market share. Working out of their office Buckinghamshire.
They are one of the top retailers in there market with a vision to become the go to place on the high street and online. They are listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for and have been now for several years back to back.
As the role of Buyer - Maternity Cover will be;
- Managing the day to day relationship with our direct suppliers
- Negotiating and agreeing a marketing plan that is competitive, profitable and meets our customer's needs.
- Maximizing opportunities on new launches, GWP, sets, limited editions, basic stock and POS material where appropriate.
- Maximizing the sales of your houses in line with the business needs.
- Seeking products that give The Perfume Shop a point of difference, using trade fairs, the internet and leads to remain one step ahead of the competition and seize opportunities first.
- Working with the Buying Team to trade products and prices to drive sales, being innovative and creative.
- Maintaining good national and regional awareness of who our customers are and what appeals to them.
- Maintaining a good knowledge of changes in the industry and possible implications to The Perfume Shop.
- Management and development of the Buyers Assistant as a direct report.
The Successful Applicant
Within the role of Buyer - Maternity Cover you will need;
- Proven commercial experience at Buyer level ideally within retail or FMCG.
- Experience of having worked closely with a Merchandising team is essential
- Experience of having worked within a Branded Buying role would be ideal
- Highly competent in Excel and other MS office functions
- Previous Line Management experience would be of an advantage
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Single Person Healthcare
- Option to enter into a bonus scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- An opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Dedicated Social Committee for making work fun!
- Regular product sales and supplier events
- Free onsite parking