You are here
- NHS Procurement
About Our Client
My client provides patient-focused healthcare products and supply chain services to the NHS.
Their end-to-end supply chain services incorporate purchasing and procurement, logistics, e-Commerce and customer and supplier support. With our 2,400 employees, we transact over 325,000 product lines through our systems, procuring a further 386,000 for the NHS to access directly from our suppliers ranging from bandages to baked beans, from gloves to implants and even diagnostic equipment such as MRI scanners
You will be expected to:-
- Undertake market analysis to understand the size, technical and clinical trends, supplier base, market share etc to inform category management planning and develop a detailed understanding of the clinical practices which drive product usage or influence the market.
- Be an active member of the Procurement team, supporting teamwork and joint learning and development initiatives
- Develop detailed product and market knowledge for a specific sub category
- Support the growth in margin/value and EBIT within their own category and Procurement
- Increase market knowledge, identification of new/improved products which give value.
- Work with marketing and sales to construct the communications plan to effect change
- Performance management and annual commercial plan.
- Manage or coordinate the management of mini competitions, group buys and supplier offers
- Manage tendering exercises through the OJEU process
- Promote and behave in a way consistent with the Organisation's Vision and Values
- Develop own knowledge and skills and provide information to others to help their development e.g. category or market area
The Successful Applicant
As a Buyer you will be expected to be:-
- Comfortable applying OJEU principals to tendering activity.
- Have full understanding of business requirements for OJEU, Diversity and Compliance.
- Comfortable working with Standard Operating Practices (SOP's).
- Compliance with pre-determined rules, accompanied by an understanding of the risk of non-compliance
- Familiar and comfortable with all aspects of procurement processes.
- Understands the requirement for compliance to internal and legal frameworks/protocol's.
- Understands how Procurement contributes to the Sustainability agenda
- able to take the lead on procurement aspects as part of a cross-functional team
- Experienced in negotiating high value contracts, commanding credibility and respect externally.
- Monitor contractor performance against pre-determined milestones, and to identify when corrective action needed.
- Awareness of strategic issues, and identifies circumstances where value and risk require a strategic approach to be taken.
- Able to draw up business cases and project plans, able to manage risk.
- Have awareness of the components of a make or buy process.
- able to understand the principles of strategic and non strategic customer and supplier management
- able to Understands the principles and processes of category and range management and the benefits and constraints of taking a category approach.
What's on Offer
£29,000 Plus Car, Bonus and Pension