You are here
Northampton based Automotive Business
About Our Client
Due to expansion our client are seeking a buyer to join the direct procurement team. . The candidate will be responsible for working as part of the supply chain liaising with different departments as well as a portfolio of suppliers (Far East, Europe and UK).
As a strategic Buyer, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Senior Buyer position reporting to Head of Strategic Purchasing
- Managing key categories including tins/ tin closures, labels, cardboard packaging, abrasives & miscellaneous ancillaries.
- Handling key suppliers and identifying potential alternatives.
- Identifying and managing cost reduction initiatives.
- Developing supply Strategies and working with Tactical procurement to ensure smooth flow of materials in to the business.
- Managing Non Conformity Report's and working with suppliers & other departments within the business to implement robust corrective actions.
- Working within the New Material Introduction team to bring new projects from concept to completion.
- Keeping I.T system accurate and up to date with current purchasing parameters.
- Generating reports and analysing purchasing data.
- Contributing towards monthly Purchasing reports and taking active role in presentation to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Making regular visits to suppliers both within UK and Europe.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength of character to implement and drive through change.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Detailed and thorough approach to all aspects of work.
- Experience of the printing industry a bonus but not essential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation.
- IT literate, in particular a good grasp of Microsoft Office Package.
- Full clean driving license essential.
What's on Offer