You are here
- Buyers role within a forward-thinking, established business
- Exciting opportunity to join successful manufacturing business, based nr Norwich
About Our Client
My client specialises in the production and decoration of high-quality plastic . My client prides themselves on distinctive packaging where they offer unrivalled expertise in developing packaging solutions for the consumer market.
They have an extensive range of products and virtually everything is conducted in-house, on site - from concept design, through tool-making to production, artwork and decoration.
The key responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Procurement of a wide range of products & services
- Negotiating with suppliers to provide best value solutions for the business
- Supplier visits as required for auditing, performance and commercial reasons
- Dispute resolution with Suppliers and problem solving
- Identifying & implementing cost saving opportunities in key areas of spend
- Managing relationships with key suppliers and monitoring performance
- Inventory management
- Close liaison with the Sales team regarding customer requirements, responding in a timely manner
The Successful Applicant
My client are looking for a Buyer who has experience of working in a busy purchasing environment and has the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, verbally and in writing, at all levels within the company, and with suppliers.
You will be capable of working under pressure, remaining calm and in control with the ability to make clear decisions.
Additionally you will be educated to at least A level standard or equivalent; any CIPS qualification will be advantageous.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered circa. £25'000 - £35'000 plus benefits, dependant on experience and profile.