You are here
- Buying and Merchandising Responsibilities
- Growing Online Electrical Retailer
About Our Client
The client is a Central London Based Electrical Retail Business. They have seen substantial growth over the last 12 months and are looking to put significant investment into the category being recruited for and look to grow this area as a matter of priority. They are a really forward thinking, diverse online retail business which doesn't use their ecommerce platform for sales but also diversifies to become a community platform where people can compare and contrast thoughts and feelings on products and experiences and provides an open forum for future development opportunities.
As Buyer you will be responsible for
- Category Management of fastest growing category with an emphasis on developing profit/ sales margin
- Liaising directly with distributor/ supplier to arrange for best possible deal without overstock
- Analysing key competitors and pricing plans to ensure product offering is most comprehensive to attract further traffic
- Developing promotional cycle and ensure these are present on the site when necessary also developing pricing strategy with a keen view on margin and clearance.
- Managing and development of a direct report
- Continuously improving commercial function ensuring processes are efficient and category is profitable
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Buyer will
- Have worked in a Buying environment previously, with a preference to electronics
- Have great analysis and numerical skills as well as commercial negotiation ability to work with global suppliers
- Great relationship and rapport building ability, both internally and externally to ensure business needs and demands can be met
- Confident to present at all levels within the business and educate and develop team members
- Have great excel skills, ability to perform Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, SUMIFS etc. without hesitation
- Be able to Commute to Central London
What's on Offer
The Successful Buyer will be based in Central London receive a great package
Salary of £30-£35k + bonus c10%, pension and health care.