You are here
- Major UK Retailer
- Competitive salary and benefits with excellent long-term career scope
About Our Client
My Client are one of the UK's leading names in Retail. Over the last few months they have made significant changes to their structure to enable them to strive through economical challenges that have faced most retail businesses. This has allowed them to succeed in producing record figures YOY and to continue on this succession they need quality within their trading teams.
As the only Buyer within this category you will be responsible for
- Developing and implementing the Buying Strategy for the entire category.
- Deliver budgeted gross and net sales and margin £ and gross margin %
- Creation and maintenance of category and sub category range plans - To be agreed and signed off by the Head of Buying and Merchandising
- Management and development of Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Buying Assistants
- Develop strategic supplier relationships with Suppliers, ensuring all the correct paperwork is signed by the Head of Buying and Merchandising and the relevant parties
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate Calibre or equivalent.
- Experience with a 'blue chip' retailer or catalogue/home shopping environment including a proven track record of being in a buying position.
- In depth knowledge of contract negotiations and experience of trading complexities associated with branded merchandise.
- Strong business acumen and highly results focused.
- Plan, prioritise and focus on key issues in order to resolve them immediately.
- Self starter and able to work to exacting deadlines.
- Identify issues and develop solutions in order to meet sales, profit and budgetary targets.
- Strong leadership, decisive and tenacious. Lead by example
- Track record of coaching/developing junior personnel.
- People management skills and regular 1 to 1 meetings with your staff
- Follows processes and procedures
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Visible, persuasive and receptive.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Analytic and a problem solver
- Organised and efficient
What's on Offer
Salary between £65,000 to £75,000 per annum + Package