You are here
This position is now filled
Buyers Assistant - Product Development
- Looking for a creative assistant buyer who is either
- a BAA, experience BA or someone looking to take a step into Buying from Uni
About Our Client
My client is a fast growing and exciting business based in East Sussex. Quickly becoming a market leader in their field within Retail & Wholesale, they are continuing to grow in the UK and Internationally. They offer not only a fun and exciting working environment but plenty of opportunity to develop and grow as they continue to do.
Within the role of Buyers Assistant - Product Development you will:
* Assist with strategic market in order to make commercial recommendations in relation to current & future products. Attending exhibitions and trade shows
* Assist with competitor analysis and competitor profiling on a cyclical basis, assessing the strengths and weaknesses or current and potential competitors.
* Identifying applicable trends, planning new ranges and presenting new range ideas to the business.
Ideas and concept development
* To assist with all element of the product design process
* To generate ideas and concepts for new products
* Writing product design briefs for the design department
* Writing product specifications for Far East suppliers
* Working with thirds parties to translate licensed brands and assets into strong licensed products, including selecting licensed imagery, and managing license approvals
Project Management - Product development
* Assisting with creation and management of critical paths
* Assisting with product costing, quote forms and negotiation
* Reviewing hand made samples to ensure to ensure they are suitable
* Liaising closely with third party suppliers and internal staff to ensure testing, tooling, packaging requirements are delivered according to brief and within time and cost parameters.
* Working in accordance with company processes
* Attend and participate in Company and department meetings including but not limited to weekly NPD meetings, supply chain handover meetings, customer meetings where applicable, licensor and other external third parry meetings as required.
* To take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others, complying with the health and safety policy of the company at all times.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate for this Buyers Assistant - Product Development role you will have;
- Previous experience in a similar role essential.
- Previous experience working with Far East suppliers desirable
- Strong negotiation skills and experience negotiating complex products with multiple suppliers
- Numerical skills and confidence manipulating costings and timelines.
- Project management experience in a fast paced deadline driven setting
- Basic Navision skills - training will be available
- Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Graduate with a background in Buying & Merchandising
What's on Offer
Â£17,000 - Â£20,000 + Package