You are here
Buying Assistant/Trainee Buyer
- Competitive Salary with great opportunity for internal progression
- Competitive salary and benefits with excellent long-term career scope
About Our Client
My Client are a multi channel retailer boasting a popular TV route to market and an ecommerce platform.
* To ensure all other administrative elements of the department are maintained to a high standard at all times. This includes sample management, purchase ordering, and range plans.
* To be responsible for the maintaining of all the buying systems, including the internal product system. Ensuring all information is correctly input, accurate and up-to-date.
* To ensure all the relevant data on the website is constantly kept updated and is accurate.
* To provide merchandising support, including running of reports and proposing replenishment.
* To support in the management of the supply base and ensure all deliveries are managed correctly in conjunction with the warehouse.
* To be the day-to-day contact for all the other various internal and external interfaces that the role demands.
* To complete other work as required by other members of the Buying Team.
The Successful Applicant
* Enjoys working hard. Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Seizes more opportunity than others.
* Has a positive outlook, wants to join in and enjoy work. Friendly and upbeat.
* Good planner and organiser and assumes responsibility for tasks.
* Relates well to all kinds of people within and outside the company. Builds rapport easily. Builds constructive and effective relationship.
* Communicates effectively in one to one, small and large groups, with peers and management.
* Writes clearly and succinctly and ensures that the message comes across helpfully and as intended.
* Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in.
* Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help. Doesn't work in an isolated way. Encourages input from others. Bounces ideas off other people. Works together to create best outcome/result for the team.
* Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
* Previous experience of working in a buying office or another administrative role.
* Proficient in the use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
* An interest in crafting.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and progression for the right candidate