You are here
Capital and Assets Accountant
- Capital and Assets Accountant
- Managing a large capital investment for a leaing education establishment
About Our Client
Driven by exciting change within all areas of the establishment, the capital and treasury department need a capable and innovative person who can add value to the team by maximising the return from investment.
The culture of the organisation would suit anybody with strong interpersoanl skills who is keen to get stuck into a challenge, whilst being motivated by presenting their success to members of the senior management team.
The role holder should have developmental project experience, and be able to demonstrate their self driven ability to manage a project from start to finish. This self motivation needs to be coupled with a think outside the box mentality, adopting a creative approach to challenges faced, and targets that need to be met.
Although not the primary responsibility of this role, experience of treasury and capital investment is needed to ensure smooth running of the accounting function of the team, whilst assisting the Head of Treasury and Capital Accounting in their daily activities.
Key responsibilities are as follows;
- Stakeholder management, and building lasting relationships across the wider business
- Collating and bench-marking information with other similar establishments
- Developing and maximising efficiency of capital and treasury services for the institution
- Acting as a specialist advisor in a scheme managed by the role holder
- Working with customers and stakeholders to ensure requirements are met
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should be able to maintain a flexible and responsive approach to all finance needs, whilst being held accountable for all responsibilities assigned.
Other key skills and areas of experience are listed;
- Excellent communication skills, communicating technical and non-technical information to non finance stakeholders
- Be an ambassador of change, able to make others invest in your initiatives
- Effective reporting skills, able to demonstrate these using Excel and SAP
- Ability to assist in year end planning and dealing with university auditors
- Liaising with third party providers, and other similar establishments
- Highly developed analytical skills, able to identify and solve problems within a team
What's on Offer
- £30-35K salary
- Excellent holidays and pension package
- An exciting opportunity to gain extensive experience in a commercial finance environment