You are here
- Category Analyst
- Global Consumer Retailer
About Our Client
One of the largest Global Retails in the North East
- Passion for Delivery
- Great Results
- Working as One Team
- Across all geographies, brands and functions with a common goal
- Doing the Right Thing for their customers, partners and employees
The Category Analyst works with the local and global Marketing teams, to ensure that relevant product - which will grow the category's profitability, enhance the brand, and delight our consumers - is available, promoted on-shelf, driving strong rate of sale, in our chosen distribution outlets.
Key Accountabilitie's & Responsibilities
- Support the identification of shopper and retailer market research requirements which will deliver the relevant insights on an annual basis, and implementation of the plan.
- Interrogate shopper/retailer research findings and brand/category performance regularly in order to identify key retailer and shopper issues and opportunities for priority customers. Work with global & regional brand teams to identify appropriate action plans.
- Tracking and monitoring the compliance and impact of promotions and in-store execution plans and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
The role requires interaction with many stakeholders around the business & externally. Main stakeholders include:
- Head of Regional Marketing
- Regional GM
- Central and Local Marketing
- Global Digital & Consumer Communication
- External agencies
Example Key Performance Indicators
- YoY Value Growth by category by retailer
- Productivity and On-shelf Availability by category by retailer
- Promotional Effectiveness and Return on Investment by category by retailer
- Executional Compliance across channels and retailers
- Issue of weekly and monthly reports
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key retailers
The Successful Applicant
Essential Job Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience relevant to the role:
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex and multiple sources of data to identify issues, opportunities, insights and recommendations
- Ability to develop ranging and merchandising recommendations
- Ability to influence internally and externally to drive through global best practice
- Strong appreciation of retailer and shopper insights and trends
- Numerate and commercially driven with a good understanding of P&L
- Dynamic approach to problem solving - solutions orientated
- Microsoft Powerpoint & Excel to an advanced level
Essential Personal Attributes & Competencies relevant to the role:
- A self-starter by nature with a positive, resilient 'can do' attitude/bias for action.
- Excellent, proven effectiveness at stakeholder management/collaboration - a team player.
What's on Offer
Category Analyst position working for one of the largest Global Retailers
Exposure to International Markets
Work with global & regional brand teams to identify appropriate action plans.
£20,000 - £30,000
North East of England