You are here
Market Leading Convenience Foods Supplier
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest FMCG suppliers in the UK. With multiple sites, they supply a vast array of own label food products to the Top 4. The particular division we are recruiting this role for is their Convenience division. The market itself is in significant growth to the tune of 5%, however this particular business is out growing the market enormously at circa 15%.
They are winning more and more business to the point that they are purchasing additional sites from their competitors. An excellent place to be in this current market, with so much more to go at!
The Category Controller will be required to do the following:
- Develop and deliver tailored collaborative category plans across a number of key retail partners.
- Devise and execute retailer specific research programmes and market activations
- Implement and develop robust category processes
- Build and maintain mid-level relationships within retail partners to develop truly collaborative partnerships
- Champion implementation of the category vision across our retailer base
- Partner with account level Development teams to ensure insight is correctly used to build bespoke long-term product plans
- Manage and develop self-contained team of category managers in order to deliver category plans for customers and maintain fit for purpose structure and skill set.
- Managing a team of 3 direct reports
The Successful Applicant
The successful Category Controller will posses the following:
- Graduate calibre - Business & Marketing
- Broad knowledge of FMCG food and Food to Go markets
- Experience in category marketing role including sourcing and use of multiple data source and research
- Experience of managing a team of marketing managers
- Leadership and inter-personal skills
- Numerical and problem solving
- Business and commercial acumen
- Analytical mind with a curious nature and numerically strong
- Advanced presentation and powerpoint skills
What's on Offer
On offer is a highly competitive salary in a business that is taking major strides forward in the current market place. The right person for this role will certainly have the opportunity to progress at pace.