You are here
Category Development Manager - 12 Month Contract FMCG Bluechip
- Category Development Manager - 12 Month Contract FMCG Bluechip
- consumer baby brand based Berkshire
About Our Client
Blue chip FMCG consumer brand with portfolio of globally recognised and loved products
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Analyses and makes recommendations for all category distribution/space changes in retailer range reviews based on shopper understanding, sales performance, retailer data, profitability, shopper decision trees, incrementally and substitutability.
- Ensures all proposals are in line with the distribution, shelf and merchandising principles that meet shopper needs and optimise the assortment to maximise sales for the retailer and the business.
- Set objectives for all range reviews in conjunction with CD team, takes ownership to gain agreement to the changes and is accountable for excellent delivery instore
- Provide range/assortment recommendations that enable fast distribution and high quality visibility of NPI and deliver instore
- Utilise planograming software to create and present fully tailored planograms detailing the proposed range review recommendations
- Demonstrate expertise by utilising the new category strategy at all external meetings to provide clarity on the business view and work to develop retailer specific tactical action plan
- Provide actionable insights and practical distribution, shelf and merchandising solutions at the point of purchase to meet shopper expectations, grow category sales and gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure all external contact has a compelling insight at its heart with a clear 'so what' and a tangible action.
- Where identified work with target retailers to develop category partnerships and/or to unlock JVC opportunities for the business.
- Develop strong working relationships with your retail customer by becoming the category expert and offering advice that support the total category business. Determine the correct contact strategy to ensure (where applicable) the business is and range review partners
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of retailer's strategies, opportunities and challenges and look to align to and/or address these with any proposals made
- Lead customer specific projects that are unlocked through the above, e g. fixturisation project
- Input into CD briefs and other relevant parts of IBP process including clear guidance on distribution opportunities, opportunities for NPI, sku hierarchies, ROS guidance and risks from tail skus
- Engage in retailer planning days fully providing the objective category story to support the business initiatives
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience:
- Proven track record in Category Development including ownership of range reviews
- Experience working with High street and Grocery retailers in an FMCG environment is paramount.
What's on Offer
12 Month contract to start October 2016