You are here
Category Manager - IT
- Category Manager - IT
- Financial services business based in Warwickshire
About Our Client
A rapidly growing financial services organisation based in Warwickshire with significant expansion plans for their Procurement team into 2017.
- Delivery of category management procurement expertise and assistance to the organisation's IT function for all their procurement needs.
- Ensuring value for money is delivered (savings & cost avoidance) whilst demonstrating full compliance in all 3rd party IT contracts through analysis, planning, negotiation and adherence to the procurement and contracting policies.
- Proactive management of all IT contracts ensuring suppliers are on fit for purpose contract terms in line with Legal requirements.
- Undertaking competitive tendering for IT requirements to demonstrate value for money.
- Bench-marking and negotiation of existing 3rd party supply contracts. Ensuring optimum market pricing is achieved, offering solutions where switching to more cost effective providers are required and appropriate.
- Support IT function with annual budget reporting, building strong stakeholder relationships.
- Define, train and implement new processes enforcing best practice procurement
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder matrix
- Supplier relationship management - create governance, monitor and report performance, improve contracts where appropriate
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to IT senior management and Head of Procurement & SRM as well as advice on procurement strategy aligned to the overall IT strategy.
- Development of category strategies and supply mapping.
- Supporting the Procurement function in its top level strategic development plan.
- Managing an IT Buyer, responsibilities, development, objectives and attainment of objectives
- Coach, guide and mentor other functions regarding best practice procurement
- Support of source to pay system
The Successful Applicant
Role related knowledge:
- MCIPS qualified (required)
- Degree qualified (required)
- ITIL Foundation (desirable)
Specific technical knowledge/skills & competencies:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in IT Procurement.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £65,000 + package