You are here
Category Manager - Sub Contracts or Fleet
£45,000-£55,000 + car
Northampton/ Milton Keynes (flexible)
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in their field offering bespoke supply chain solutions to their clients across a variety of industry sectors, including retail, FMCG, construction and utilities.
- Develop a robust Procurement strategy and negotiate new best-in-class agreements in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Provide procurement expertise to negotiate optimum supply terms, formalise supply contracts and implement suitably authorised, acceptable, preferred/approved supply arrangements to satisfy Company strategy and business needs.
- Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category through quarterly reviews with suppliers. Work closely with the operations in order to deliver a robust supplier management programme that can be delivered on an on-going basis.
- Continually strive to improve supplier performance through internal feedback and a close working relationship with suppliers and internal customers.
The Successful Applicant
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills are essential
- Experience of managing complex or high value/risk products and services
- Experience of procuring sub-contract haulage and/or distribution services at a strategic level
- High level of distribution market knowledge
- Ability of gaining knowledge quickly.
- Supplier Management experience.
- 5+ years experience of working in a Corporate Procurement environment
- Experience of leading procurement governance and delivering value in an operational environment
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What's on Offer
Basic salary + competitive package