You are here
Category Manager - Tesco and Waitrose
- Working on Key accounts and iconic food brands
- External facing role with exciting 2017 projects
About Our Client
My client is a global FMCG food business who pride themselves on their first class professional approach. With a number of household brands and a healthy presence in all the major mults in the UK, this is an opportunity to join a business with an established heritage and an ambitious vision for the future.
Joining a friendly and like minded team with a fantastic line manager, there is great career progression for someone looking to use their initiative and drive the category agenda.
My client offer a flexible working hours policy with a number of additional work-life benefits.
This is an externally facing Category Development Manager opportunity which works with the Tesco and Waitrose accounts. With a healthy portfolio in Tesco and stocking all product SKU's in Waitrose, a key focus of this role is building on and maintaining the healthy relationships with the retailers.
Key responsibilities and task will include:
- Delivery of the Vision and Business plan
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing
- Review and analyse data to make category recommendations for both internal/external purposes
- Regular market reviews
- Create persuasive category arguments and category rationale
- Customer visits once at least monthly
The Successful Applicant
For the role of the Category Development Manager, the ideal candidate will come from an FMCG environment with previous category experience, either a manufacturing or agency background. Looking for someone with a strong sense of initiative, this role requires someone who likes getting things done.
You will also have the following skills:
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data
- Proficiency using data sources
- Good communications skills
- Ability to meet financial targets
- Enjoy working cross functionally
- Ability to Influence
What's on Offer
Offering a competitive package and benefits, this is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking for an exciting opportunity and a business that offers progression and longevity.
My client offers a number of work-life benefits and additional package.