You are here
This position is now filled
- Attractive managerial position within a global FMCG business
- Cross discipline responsibility and spend portfolio
About Our Client
Our client is a FTSE 250 FMCG business who have had an exceptional year require a commodities category manager to join their team.
As a Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Categories covered are Ingredients (including vegetable oils and dairy ingredients) and Energy & Utilities
- Developing appropriate strategies and implementation plans for each sub-category of spend
- Establishing credibility among the various stakeholder communities, working closely with site teams
- Selling the benefits of working jointly with Procurement, joint category teams RACI, and alignment of targets
- Delivering measurable financial and non-financial benefits to the business.
- Identifying and prioritising opportunities according to likely success and overall ROI.
- Market price monitoring to ensure accurate price forecasting and risk mitigation - input to the Risk Committee
- Foster a continuous improvement mentality across the supply chain via Supplier Relationship Management
- Ensure a robust supplier performance system is in place and maintained.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Category Manager, will be:
- Strong track record of purchasing commodities and ingredients
- Commodity market cost monitoring and risk management / mitigation
- Experience of managing and/or active participation in large, complex cross-functional change projects
- Strong change management and implementation experience, ability to demonstrate strategic change in a category role
- Track record for delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects
- Able to demonstrate successful stakeholder engagement in category strategy development and implementation
- Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proven track record of extracting innovation from the supply base and implementation thereof in the organisation
- Strong total cost of product appreciation and ability to assess key cost components and drivers
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing sourcing strategies within CSR framework
What's on Offer
Circa Â£50,000 - 58,000 plus package and benefits