You are here
- Generalist Category Manager
- Within Global top 100 University
About Our Client
- Top 100 Global University who are looking to expand their procurement team
- Accountable of the procurement performance of assigned categories, sub-categories and tasks including achieving cashable savings, value, quality generated, service improved, innovation, and managing stakeholder's expectations.
- Build effective relationships with sponsors, stakeholders, technical staff and colleagues to develop long term approaches to procurement and capture future requirements. Implement strategy and process improvements with stakeholders to improve demand forecasting and benefits profiling.
- Manage your process of sourcing new suppliers and gain best value ensuring the most appropriate method and compliance with law and contractual requirements.
- Build supplier relationship management plans with tangible benefits identified, and actively manage strategic suppliers to maximise value
- Implement the resulting supplier deals, contracts or framework agreements so they fully deliver the planned benefits across the complete procurement process.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven knowledge of procurement in a customer led environment
- Ability to demonstrate savings
- Successful track record in embedding and applying strategic sourcing/ category management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to demonstrate strong stakeholder skills
- OJEU experience
- CIPS qualified or working toward
What's on Offer