You are here
- Established organisation in the UK
- Strong reputation for innovation and quality products
About Our Client
My client has a c.£300m turnover and more than 2,500 employees across the UK.
- Manage and optimise the business spend with external suppliers, generating added procurement value (Savings and Cost-Avoidance) for the business.
- Develop and implement designated category strategies and establish and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Develop category negotiation strategies and drive those negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts
- Identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the designated category spend areas.
- Lead cross-functional negotiating teams targeting key designated spend categories.
- Collaborate effectively across different organisational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realise procurement goals and objectives.
- Track forecasted vs actual savings for the designated category and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact.
- Implement contracts with selected suppliers to help ensure both deliverables and risk avoidance.
- Manage Supplier performance via stakeholder feedback and performance-based metrics.
- Drive best practice and change activities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with business unit leaders to monitor and ensure contract compliance.
The Successful Applicant
This successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The Category Manager's primary responsibility is to utilise best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance.
What's on Offer
£32,000 - £35,000 + car