You are here
Category Manger (Food Procurement)
£40,000 - £60,000
- Rapidly growing business require a Category Manager for food procurement
- Foodservice, FMCG or Contracting Catering experience would be ideal!
About Our Client
Rapidly growing business and in the top four companies within their industry. They provide a high quality service to their clients.
- Designs and implements category strategies that deliver financial and other performance targets such as Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation and Risk Management.
- Ensure that the optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer service.
- Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing strategy for his/her category through the introduction of leading edge and best practice techniques,
- Liaise with all stakeholders to communicate on new initiatives and ensure the service given is well received
- Develop category plans to maximise spend coverage and compliance.
- Ensure all procurement savings opportunities are identified, investigated and realised where possible
- Undertakes rigorous business requirements analysis and aligns category strategies to business objectives.
- Manages large and complex supplier relationships and categories of expenditure.
- Plans and carries out activities that drive towards Procurement & Supply Chain's progress toward world class procurement.
- Develops and maintains detailed supply market knowledge and tools that drive innovative sourcing solutions within their key sub-categories.
- Develops and implements rigorous contracts for all critical, strategic and preferred suppliers within the category, incorporating service level agreements and continuous improvement targets.
- Conducts supplier segmentation (critical, strategic, preferred, approved, and operational) and develops, maintains and communicates a preferred supplier and approved product/service list for their agreed categories.
- Drives supplier and product/service rationalisation through cross-functional reviews with the Procurement Director for UK&E and key stakeholders
- Implements appropriate supplier management plans and manages supplier reviews for strategic / critical and preferred suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- Has the stated proficiency levels in procurement attributes identified as key for the role.
- CIPS qualified (or other relevant business qualification)
- Graduate calibre
Experienced in developing category strategies through the use of leading category management methodology.
Demonstrates track record of developing and maintaining senior stakeholder and supplier relationships.
Demonstrates track record in supplier selection, negotiation and complex contract management delivering cost, revenue and profit targets.
Will have worked in a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives and in a highly competitive market sector.
Has knowledge of sourcing across complex categories within multiple industry sectors, preferably within a Service industry
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £60,000 plus package