You are here
Privately owned Group
About Our Client
My client is a privately owned group of companies based in the Heathrow area who operate a high volume low margin services business for the engineering sector.
The purpose of the role
This role sits on the main board of the holding company. Reporting to the Chairman and other main board members, the main purpose is to (but not limited to):
Plan and develop the group financial business strategy, identify business risks and ensure appropriate care is taken in the corporate governance of the company.
Ensure that Group finance and accounting requirements are accurately and efficiently carried out in accordance with recognised accounting standards, group requirements and within set deadlines.
Ensure that financial information provided to the operational management and to group is in accordance with the requirements set out in group strategy.
Challenge and encourage fellow directors to achieve and exceed the financial performance
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and reporting of monthly management, annual statutory accounts, profit and cash forecasts, budgets and projections.
- To drive continuing improvement in the planning and performance reporting of the Group and the subsidiaries, providing the board with analysis and interpretation of performance against budget, assessing and reporting business risks.
- Management of the production of statutory and regulatory financial information and ensure accounting standards and internal control procedures are acceptable to internal and external auditors.
- To provide the financial implications of the business plans as well as alternative scenarios to the Group to enable the Board to make optimum decisions to achieve Group objectives.
- Lead and develop the Group's finance department and seek continuous improvement in the services provided to assist in the continual development and growth of the Group.
- Lead the operation and development of the Group's accounting systems and to establish and operate associated financial controls to safeguard the Group's assets and achievement of Group objectives.
- To contribute to and manage the appropriate risk management framework to ensure all risks are identified and either eliminated or managed.
- Advise on the cash-flow implications of management decisions and manage the regions cash-flow on a day to day basis, leading bank relationships and treasury strategy
- Evaluation of capital projects, Capex and investment opportunities to maximize the financial returns for the Group.
- Manage the group WIP and understand how this affects overall profit for the group, actively looking to keep WIP and debtors to the lowest level
- Ensure that commercial information and procedures that directly impact on financial accounts and management information are in accordance with group manuals and procedures.
- Lead the operational business on cost review and reduction
- Participation in the management of the business including significant input and analysis of the divisions focusing on margin preservation and contract management
- Be actively involved in regular site visits nationwide
- Direct, manage and appraise staff within the finance function
- Work closely with the Company Secretary on related matters
- Liaise with IT director regarding financial systems management
- Continuously develop the utilisation of current finance systems ensuring the best quality management information and business insight is provided to the board and to the operational business leads
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA and/or MBA qualified
- Previous experience as Finance Director or Head of Finance responsible for full P&L , balance sheet, statutory accounts and audit, management reporting, budgeting, WIP, cash-flow, tax and treasury within a similar scale business
- Demonstrable experience of working in business with contractual revenue streams and high Opex, low margin environment likely to be (but not limited to) an industrial/utility/engineering/construction sector
- This role requires strong management skills in order to manage and develop a finance team as well as managing the interface with a number of senior directors.
- A detailed knowledge of the legal framework surrounding accounting standards and other financially relevant legislation.
- Ability to contribute and add value at a strategic level.
- Awareness of the long-term strategic vision of the Group and ability to translate into broad strategic direction and specific action in both own area and wider context.
- The Group Finance Director will embrace wider corporate initiatives including troubleshooting in relation to difficult projects. It also requires a strong financial background, objectivity and a practical, reasoned and informed approach to problem-solving. The application of original and creative thought to complex issues is required to provide effective solutions employing risk management techniques to deliver effective results.
- The Group Finance Director will need to be able to demonstrate good communication and motivation skills with the ability to plan and meet deadlines.
What's on Offer
Competitive package, full details will be provided.