You are here
Charity Audit Specialist
Specialist role helping and working with charities
Great opportunity for an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate
About Our Client
Our client are a very reputable and well established firm of accountants that are based in central London. The role of Charity Audit Specialist sits alongside their audit team but has more of a value added role with clients in the charity sector.
The firm have a strong presence within the charity sector through the advisory work that they have done with large businesses in that field. A lot of their work has been generated through referred work or word of mouth and so they treat relationships very seriously as the focus is on long term work.
The practice have a very strong reputation for organic growth and so this is a firm where a candidate can join and know they have a clear path through the heirarchy to management and even partnership. The firm is know to promote partners internally and so the opportunity is ther for the right individual.
- Top 50 Accountancy Practice
- Based in the heart of Central London
The role of Charity Audit Specialist is one that is so much more than just audit. The position is for someone who wants to be a trusted advisor to clients and an interest in building a long term relationship with clients. The role sees a successful applicant taking a portfolio of charities and building the offering to charities around London further.
The role is based in the audit team and so there are requirements to:
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervising them on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Responsible for performing accountancy duties of companies predominantly in the media sector including planning and finalising jobs on-site.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner level.
- Carry out audit /accounts and related assignments.
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP's
- Motivation and encouragement of team
The Successful Applicant
A successful applicant will have a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA) and experience working within a professional practice. Charity audit experience is essential as the role has a specialism in this area and so is looking for someone who can join the practice and develop the firm within the Charity sector.
A Charity Audit Specialist will have the attitude and drive to become an important figure in the market across London and help the firm to maintain their position in the market.
Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with previous work in practice.
High level of personal motivation.
Good communication skills.
Willing to get involved and help clients.
Ability to organise and motivate the team.
Ability to manage time effectively
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits package