You are here
This position is now filled
Chemicals Sales Manager
- Degree in Chemistry and experience within R&D, Quality, Technical?
- Interested in a business development role for speciality chemical manufacturer?
About Our Client
Our client is UK manufacturer and their business is in the development, manufacture and distribution of chemicals and intermediates for various markets including Personal Care, Household Care and Industrial. This is an established business with a long history of success and which has an exciting future with plans to continue to expand the business.
The objectives for the Chemicals Sales Manager include:
- To pro-actively identify and develop relationships to grow opportunities and new business with prospective customers - whilst also maintaining and growing existing business with current customers
- Use application and industry knowledge to research and identify potential new markets by both sector and geography
- Maximise the sales of manufactured products - both directly and via their network of distribution partners/ distributors/ agents (both nationally and internationally)
- Actively promote the company's product and technical service offering to the market
- Attend UK and overseas exhibitions and follow up on leads generated to bring on new business
- Ensure that sales value and gross margin targets are met and hopefully exceeded
- Provide technical support to customers through close co-ordination with R&D and NPD
- Effective management of selected distributors within the territory to ensure optimum coverage and gross margin
- Help to direct the Sales & Marketing Strategy by analysing and reporting on application, customer and competitor activity and keep the management team aware of all market intelligence as it affects their customers, suppliers, competitors and their ability to compete most effectively in the market with both existing and new products and services
The Successful Applicant
We would like to speak to candidates who have an educational background in Chemistry and ideally some experience within either Sales/ Business Development or applications focused commercial chemistry. A Materials Science, Polymer Chemist or Chemical/Process Engineering background would also be relevant and Degree level is required. Masters or PhD is an advantage, but not essential.
You must have strong communication skills to enable you to build effective relationships with a diverse range of customers, distributors and internal stakeholders. We are looking for a motivated and driven individual who wants to progress within the business and develop their career as the business grows.
The jobholder will be based in the Midlands or South West and will need to be flexible as he / she will be required to travel to meet customers with within the UK and occasionally in Europe. The post will come with a choice between a car allowance or a fully expensed company car.
What's on Offer
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the successful applicant and this will include a company car, contributory pension scheme and a sales bonus.