You are here
Chief Management Accountant - Shared Service Centre
- Global Organisation
- Key role in Senior Management Team
About Our Client
My client are a highly profitable, market leading, major global organisation. Part of a German organisation with turnover in excess of £1.1bn, the UK business has a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence in Bristol within which this role will be based.
- To provide leadership and direction to the management accounting function (to include both General Ledger and SSC Business Analyst teams).
- To develop teams of competent and professional subject matter experts, producing accurate, timely and informative management accounts for the business.
- To maintain open and transparent lines of communication with all stakeholders.
- To develop systems and processes to enhance efficiency and automation where possible.
- To oversee the SSC Management Accounts department, ensuring the transacting of general ledger processes and completion of management accounts is delivered in a timely and accurate manner, meeting both internal and group reporting requirements
- Monitor the training needs of the department and offer the necessary challenge and development for the individuals and team.
- Improve lines of communication within the department, across SSC teams and within the business in order for the management accounts function to support the business more efficiently
- Promote the continuous development and improvement of standardised and consistent processes within the department to offer as excellent a level of service as possible to all business lines and the group as a whole.
- Develop a team of cross skilled individuals able to move between tasks and business lines as workloads required, removing key man dependency and process bottlenecks.
- Engage fully in all business and group projects which impact accounting processes, taking a proactive role in risk and issue identification, change management and meeting project deliverables.
- deliver management accounting services within a robust and transparent controls environment. Review any changes for controls weakness, and ensure that any gaps are mitigated.
- Proactively manage all stakeholders to improve the customer experience, and provide a clear line for issue resolution without additional escalation requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant + 5 Years CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Excellent management accounting skills
- Understanding / experience of working to Group deadlines as well as internal guidelines
- Experience of working with non-financial management and explaining financial concepts advantageous
- Comfortable dealing with senior management / directors
- Strong understanding of risk and control processes
- Ability to recommend and implement change
- Good knowledge of working practices and chart of accounts
- Experience of managing a team of accountants of varying degrees of experience / qualification
- Strong work ethic to achieve tight deadlines
- Pro-active approach to process improvements
- Strong personality
- Adaptability to managing different styles
- Influencing skills
- Good excel skills
- Assertive and able to take ownership and responsibility for tasks
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Diligent / Conscientious
- Ability to forge good working relationships with financial and non financial personnel
What's on Offer
This role will pay a basic salary of c. £60k, plus a package which includes a company car and a bonus of up to 17.5%