You are here
Civil Litigation Solicitor
- A firm out of Birmingham city centre are looking to hire a Litigation Solicitor
- There is an existing caseload, so no need for a client following
About Our Client
A high street law firm based outside of Birmingham city centre, with a loyal client base amongst the local community.
This appointment is crucial to the firm's growth strategy. But unlike most strategic growth hires, this firm is not demanding that you must come in with your own client following and connections. It's more about getting the right person on board who will see this as a long term career move and will help with the long term development of the Civil Litigation Department.
Besides, there is an existing caseload to the extent that the Directors are turning away Litigation work at the moment.
The Directors are dedicated to providing a thorough and comprehensive service to their clients, many of which are from the local community to which the Directors have close ties. As such, they would rather turn away some of the volume of work to ensure that their staff can dedicate their time properly to their caseload.
The firm is a high street firm so their client base and value of disputes reflects this. They act a lot for local individuals on a range of contentious matters. They also work with companies on their disputes work. If you are looking to work in a full service commercial law firm then this probably isn't the opportunity for you.
The Litigation team is currently comprised of a consultant and paralegal. As a result they'd like to recruit an experienced Solicitor who is confident running their own litigation files and has a sound working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules. You'll need to be able to work without supervision, so it's unlikely to suit a newly-qualified solicitor unless that person was exceptional.
What the firm can offer you:
- A busy and existing civil litigation caseload - no need for you to bring connections or that elusive client following. The Directors are confident of pipeline for the future
- Working in a well-run and approachable firm. The office is all open plan and the team work very hard but maintain a good working culture
- Good administrative assistance from support staff
- You'll be part of a small contentious team that the Directors want to grow and develop. You would be an important part of these growth plans
- Competitive remuneration and potential bonus centred around fees recovered
The Successful Applicant
The essential requirement of this job is that you have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules and can work on Civil Litigation files without supervision. Of course, they'll be support from Directors on a daily basis but they'll expect you to be able to work independently.
It is also advantageous if you can speak Punjabi and/or Urdu.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and an existing caseload to work on.