You are here
Clerk of Works - New Build
You will provide design and technical support to the Development Team
A well-established organisation with ambitious growth plans
About Our Client
A well-established organisation that have grown organically with ambitious future development growth plans. The organisation are increasing the volume of properties owned and built.
- Carry out regular inspections of site work to compare completed work with drawings and specifications.
- Measuring and sampling building materials to check their quality; recording results whilst identifying any defects and suggesting ways to correct them.
- To champion improvements in the quality of the organisation's new developments, ensuring high levels of build standard and customer experience.
- To drive consistency across the organisation in delivering new homes of optimum quality, with the introduction of a quality control system and reporting mechanism.
- Provide support to the Development Delivery Teams in order to achieve this goal.
- Manage the Technical Design Review Process and report on technical performance of the organisation's new build development programme.
- Head up the Design Review Process for new schemes.
- Extreme success recently has won a number of large and prestigious projects in the Education sector and with well-known retailers. As a job running technician, you will be responsible for taking the project through from inception to completion, with critical emphasis on RIBA stages 2-5.
The Successful Applicant
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Experience of working in a trades or technical role within the building industry.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, the planning system, construction methods and construction contract legislation.
- Experience of scoping and managing projects, including negotiating resources and input from internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of managing a continuous improvement process.
- Experience of implementing process to manage and review performance of project team members.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to design and construction challenges.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 + a competitive package and benefits