You are here
Client Relationship Manager
- London-based research consultancy are looking for a proven account manager
- Candidates of graduate calibre, knowledge of financial markets a big plus!
About Our Client
Since 1970's, our client have supplied industry information to professionals in a wide variety of industry verticals, including financial services, consulting, accounting and manufacturing. With offices in London (close to Victoria station), Melbourne, Beijing, Los Angeles, New York, and Beijing, they provide insight into thousands of industries across the globe; so organisations can make better business decisions.
They embrace a culture where people are passionate about their work and surrounded by like-minded, intelligent achievers. Our client is able to offer a great opportunity for people who share their vision of delivering great value for customers and for themselves. They are looking for people who want more than a job - people who are seeking a career as part of a world-class organisation.
We are seeking an energetic Client Relationship Manager (CRM) with previous successful experience in account management, inside sales, client service or similar job roles. You will manage and grow an existing book of business. You will provide proactive service assisting clients in the application of our client's resources as they pursue businesses excellence. You will be responsible for all account management activities.
As a CRM you will liaise with business owners, managers and procurement departments to renew client contracts and maximize revenue growth by uncovering new opportunities and growing accounts. This full-time position is based in the London, Victoria office - and will be working within an existing team of 8 CRMs.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively calling new and existing clients to maintain and build relationships.
- Developing new contacts within your client base to spread awareness of our services.
- Assisting clients with resource application.
- Utilizing marketing tools to keep contacts informed of our services.
- Developing knowledge of products through internal training and client conversation.
- Researching and understanding each client's business to identify new opportunities.
- Handling incoming client requests; problem solving as necessary.
- Logging and tracking opportunities and activities using Salesforce.com.
- Contributing to internal discussions and brain-storming sessions.
- Negotiating and renewing client contracts to meet and exceed revenue goals.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful Client Relationship Manager, you will have:
- Previous successful experience in account management, inside sales, client service, or similar job roles. Ideally candidates should have a working knowledge of both financial and professional services markets.
- Bachelor's Degree highly advantageous.
- Strong verbal (i.e. phone) and written communication skills.
- Experience calling on corporate managers and executives.
- Ability to handle a large and diverse client portfolio.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a team player mentality.
- Ability to work cooperatively with various internal departments.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work and think independently when necessary.
- Knack for balancing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Access a plus but not req.).
- Ability to travel domestically for occasional client visits and events as necessary.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary £30,000-£38,000 (dependent on experience).
- Commission - typically adding circa £10k on top of your base salary within your first year
- CRMs into their second year and beyond, with a strong portfolio of clients, tend to earn well above this rate.
- Full company benefits suite.
- Positive and collaborative working environment - autonomy in your work (not a micro-managing or KPI driven style).