You are here
Working with the College Bursar and forming part of the Senior Management Team.
Becoming part of a prestigious College based in the heart of Oxford.
About Our Client
A prestigious College based in the heart of Oxford.
The College Accountant will be responsible for the College finance office, including:
- The preparation of monthly management accounts.
- The preparation of annual statutory accounts, including liaison with the College auditors.
- The preparation of the annual College budget, and longer-term financial plans.
- The preparation and assessment of capital expenditure plans
- The development of College accounting and other financial systems
- The development of College financial policy and its enactment in procedures and processes
- Working with the Bursar on ad hoc projects
- Ensuring compliance with Charity Commission reporting requirements
- Treasury management, consistent with policies established by the College Finance and Investment Committee
- Completion of VAT returns
- Completion of Bank Reconciliations
- Line management of 3 staff, to ensure that day-to-day purchasing, billing, student fee, battels and banking routines are followed and improved over time
- Assisting the Bursar in supporting College Finance and Investment, and Risk and Scrutiny Committees and any other Committees as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Understanding of SORP would be desirable.
- Strong academic track record.
- Able to manage and develop a finance team.
- Comfortable working both at ground level and SMT level.
- Ability to present at both committee and board.
- Act as a key contact for Collegiate University.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £55,000