You are here
Commercial Analyst in a leading Media Company
- Qualified Commercial Analyst
- A leading UK based Media Company
About Our Client
My client is a leading authority in the UK media industry, offering news, insight and events to TV, film and advertising professionals through a range of unique brands. The successful candidate will have exposure to every aspect of broadcasting and will be directly involved with all aspects of the business outside of Finance. My client will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain expertise in every aspect of the media market, within a team that is comprehensive in scope and collaborative in character. Having experienced high demand for their services and in line with their continued growth plans, they are now looking to acquire a commercial analyst.
In your new role your responsibilities will be wide ranging and you will be asked to effectively business partner with other departments of the business outside of finance. As well as having experience with subscription models and renewal rates. Additionally the role will require you to:
- Effectively budget and review each submission, highlighting movements into the review process to allow for additional analysis
- Confidently interact with those outside of finance to provide both commentary and support throughout the organisation
- Consistently forecast to make informed judgements and predictions about the market
- Provide value adding insight offering suggestions as to how the organisation can improve its business model or practices.
- Meet with stakeholders, reviewing daily and non-daily KPIs (both financial and non-financial)
The Successful Applicant
In your new role you will have to be a newly qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with previous exposure of the media industry. You will also show an ability to work with a commercial mind-set and provide value-adding insight and commentary in a national business. Strong interpersonal skills will be essential when liaising with non-financial stakeholders.
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful Commercial Analyst will be in the range of £40,000-£50,000. The organic nature of the business means that the successful applicant will not only be presented with a commercial accounting role but also the opportunity to develop a career inside a media market that is unlike any other in the world.