You are here
Commercial Bid Manager
- Commercial Bid Manager
- Based in Kingston-Upon-Thames
About Our Client
The Commercial Team specialise in areas such as Marketing and Account Management. As their Commercial Manager you will have the opportunity to help shape the team and the future strategy of the service. Managing and helping to develop our pipeline, you'll lead the way in delivering compelling and responsive proposals, right up to the signing of contracts.
Bringing expertise in the field of proposition development, business development, proposal writing, and bids, you will capture and develop new business opportunities for their Shared Service and Business Operations Centre. Commercialisation is new ground in local government and so the role will be at the heart of transforming public sector back office and driving value to residents.
The Commercial Manager is a key member of the Commercial Team, responsible for leading the capture, development and delivery of winning proposals and bids within agreed budgets. The main purpose is to manage the proposals pipeline and take ownership of Capture and Proposal processes from inquiry to Contract Signature.
Key outputs include:
● Developing Proposal Management Plans, win strategies and themes, value propositions and managing appropriate resources in order to deliver winning proposals in a timely fashion.
● Thus contributing to the overall commercial strategy for the Shared Service Centre (SSC) and Business Services Directorate (BUS) and supporting the end to end commercial development process.
● Ensuring bids are at prices or commercial arrangements which create value for SCC, through appropriate scoping, quantifying and costing prior to sign off by the commercial team.
● Leading the development and presentation of management milestone and gate reviews, ensuring key stakeholders are kept updated on progress and challenges that may need support.
● Ensuring there is project management for each bid ensuring there are appropriate project methodologies and that project governance is in place and adhered to.
If this sounds like you then apply for the role for Commercial Bid Manager based in Kingston Upon Thames today.
The Successful Applicant
The key candidate will have extensive experience in the above.
You will be at a manager, senior level in your career already.
You will have the ability to think on your feet and deal with problem solving and innovation. You will be required to influence and motivate others BOH inside and outside immediate reporting lines including external stakeholders, and have a primary role in setting service levels.
If this role is something you are interested in, then apply for the Commercial Bid Manager position today.
What's on Offer
The client are offering a generous salary between £42,000 and £48,000 with a company laptop, company phone and more.