You are here
Lead Commercial position for the business
Reporting direct to the Managing Director
About Our Client
Our client is on one of the largest and longest established contractors of its kind in the UK, with large revenue streams and a healthy order book
For the Commercial Director role the requirements are:
- Managing, leading and developing a team of Commercial and Accounting Staff to fulfil their potential and standards required
- Preparing a range of documents such as contract costing, KPls and forecasts as well as producing monthly financial reports to the board
- Conducting other tasks such as managing/pricing variations, tender analysis/negotiation and letting of contract works
- Delivered savings on company contracts, by negotiation with sub contractors and suppliers
- Reporting directly to the MD with responsibility for overseeing the projects
- Managing and developing Commercial staff for each project as well as ensuring project is successfully delivered within set timescales and budgets
- Preparing tender enquiries and tender lists together with scopes of work for the procurement of the subcontract packages, where necessary, not a larger part of the works as most of the works are completed in-house.
- Liaising extensively with the client and making applications for payment and managing / pricing variations
- Managing major sub-contractors and the approved lists, ensuring satisfaction of all specifications, deadlines and successful account negotiations.
- Reviewing Contract costing information, final accounts and ensure WIP is kept to a minimum at all regional offices.
- Take overall responsibility for dealing with Aged debt over 90 days.
- Taking responsibility for settling final accounts or being involved in contractual disputes that contracts managers throughout the group cannot resolve directly.
- Liaise with National clients, attend framework meetings and negotiate with clients.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- Experience in a similar senior leadership role
- Minimum 5 years experience with contractor. Good knowledge of forms of contract
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
- Have excellent communication - both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work to own initiative
- Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels
- Strong management style
- Highly ambitious and compelled
- RICS / CIOB qualification
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels
What's on Offer
£90,000 to £110,000 + car or allowance, healthcare, pension etc