You are here
This position is now filled
- Supply Chain & Procurement - Sheffield
- Manufacturing / Industrial
About Our Client
Our client, based near Sheffield, have been established for over 70 years and have quickly become the global market leader in their field. This business is part of an international engineering group with annual turnover approaching Â£1Bn as they continue to grow looking ahead to 2017. This role will offer the successful candidate a chance to play a key role in a relatively small team in the UK while interfacing as part of a much larger organisation.
Some of the responsibilities of this role of Commercial Director include:
- Responsible for circa Â£40m global supply chain and negotiation and management of domestic and overseas framework contracts and projects valued in excess of Â£70m p.a.
- To develop, lead and manage all commercial activities of the business.
- To develop and implement an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy.
- To ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key customers/target stakeholders to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing team to manage key customers (existing and new), thereby improving turnover and profitability.
- Reviewing existing products, services and markets.
- Championing and leading new product or service development, from innovation through to successful implementation across each business function, to enable it to become a core part of the business
- Reviewing and assessing the potential to develop strategic partnerships
The Successful Applicant
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Commercial Director will have:
- Knowledge gained within Automotive / Aerospace / Rail sectors.
- International experience - supply chain, procurement and trading.
- Experience of administering licences and distributorships.
- Ability to influence and forge strong working relationships at a senior level, both internally and externally.
What's on Offer
Â£70000 - Â£75000 + excellent benefits