You are here
Commercial Finance Manager
- Great opportunity to work for publicly listed FTSE 10 company
- Commercial Role, Key business partner for the rest of the business
About Our Client
Publicly traded household name in the industry of fast moving consumer goods. Massive company occupying a spot in the FTSE 10. Great opportunity to work with a hugely successful company, working in over 200 markets and employing over 50,000 employees.
Large global business that values its employees' contribution and supports their professional learning and development. Proudly ranked as one of Europe's top 5 employers. They play a significant role in local communities around the world. in many countries we are a top employer and the company of choice for people if all areas fo our business.
Focused on encouraging and rewarding entrepreneurial behaviour, and creating an engaging culture where individuals and teams can be successful.
Company culture emphasises the development of talented individuals and supporting their progression. A number of internal career opportunities are offered, with over 75% of newly appointed senior roles filled by members of the organisation. They believe in developing their future leaders from within.
Offer a rewarding environment for personal landmarks and success, with a history of investing heavily in training and development of leadership and industry skills. They heavily emphasise self-improvement and an ambition to climb the ladder and succeed.
Commercial Finance Manager with an emphasis on business partnering.
The role will offer the opportunity to:
- Affect business development through analytic and business partnering contributions.
- Work alongside management and internal stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan and monitor the execution of strategy through:
- Provide high quality and actionable financial information and advice to existing and new markets.
- Share insightful financial analysis illustrating financial implications of decisions and helping the business unit get approval for commercially viable business cases, budgets and investment proposals.
- Build strong financial and commercial awareness within business units and challenge business managers to improve performance.
- Contribute to the strategy execution via pricing and competitor analysis.
- Act as an interface between business units and specialised finance functions as required.
- Manage and co-ordinate review of monthly P&L submission as part of the central planning process (Sales & Operational Planning):
- Review end markets forecast submissions, add insights and value to presentation of performance, track expenditures and recharges ensuring interaction with end markets to validate budgets and actuals.
- Provide insightful financial analysis showing the financial implications of decisions.
- Act as a finance business partner to internal stakeholders in order to drive execution of strategy:
- Build and review business cases evaluating new products and initiatives.
- Collaborate with marketing, digital, supply chain, R&D and other internal functions to ensure alignment of objectives and viability of projects.
- Establish themselves as a trusted business partner for market's finance teams.
- Track performance against budgets, review run-rates and perform sensitivities analyses.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support business decision making such as participating in M&A projects, preparing business cases, reviewing financial implications of new products introduction, designing and evaluating pricing promotions, performing competitive bench marking studies, etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will need strong interpersonal skills including: self-motivation, confidence, a desire for self-development and the ability to influence.
Key Skills for the role:
Proven experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment.
At least 2 years of post-qualification experience.
Commercial experience in analysis and accounting.
Degree educated with professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MBA).
Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, pro-active, collaborative and willing to implement new processes / ways of working.
Experience in strategic analysis & planning and execution, performance metrics, project evaluation and commercial acumen.
Ability to simplify complex situations and synthesise and present complex information.
Knowledge of SAP/HFM/BI/BCP an advantage.
What's on Offer
Permanent employment at a fast moving consumer goods company in central London. Offering a highly commercial role as a financial manager to act as a key role in partnering with senior management and driving business development.
Offering a salary between 50000 and 55000 depending on qualification, with the opportunity to develop your career further within the company. Employees will constantly be challenged and offered the chance to further develop and improve their skills.