You are here
Commercial Financial Analyst
Rapid growth into the European markets
Opportunity to join a fast growing subsidiary of a global powerhouse
About Our Client
My client is a young and growing technology company, based in Central London, with the backing of a multi-billion pound global beauty brand that acquired them in 2015. They are rapidly increasing their headcount, having gone from 60 at the end of last year with predictions to increase that to close to 100 by the middle of next year. This growth stems from their expansion into the European market and to prepare the company for integration with a multinational consumer goods company from another merger that took place earlier this year. They have a number of different revenue streams in the technology space and they are looking for a commercial financial analyst to come in and analyse the different revenue streams and use that information to strategize for the future and drive the business forward.
- Detail bottom up rolling budgets and forecasts including a bottom up resourcing model.
- Provide financial KPI reports weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- Track actuals and highlight key variances to budget & forecast. Assist in the completion of quarterly analytical reporting to the parent company who are listed on the NY Stock Exchange.
- Work closely with the Client Services teams who are key revenue drivers in the organisation. Ensure solid margins are achieved.
- Be the key Finance contact for scenario planning and sensitivity analysis; ensure the business is driving towards financial success. Analyse and effectively communicate risks and opportunities.
- Have the commercial acumen & confidence to challenge assumptions provided by senior leads. Support the Head of Finance in key commercial meetings.
- Consider transfer pricing implications for inter-company trading.
- Assist in automating manual reports and processes.
- Appraisals of new business opportunities to ensure optimal investment of monies to support growth.
- Support the Head of Finance & COO with management information reporting, including production of high quality presentations.
- Produce end of month cost estimates and revenue accruals including any impact on forex gains and losses.
The Successful Applicant
Experience and Skills
- Business partnering experience is essential.
- Solid experience in financial planning in a "hands-on" capacity at group level, with an understanding of the requirements of reporting to a listed parent company.
- Preferably experience with SOX compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of excel (advanced formulae usage required) as the candidate is expected to produce various bottom up business models, scenario planning and sensitivity analysis. Macro level desirable but not essential.
- Experience with multi-currency consolidations.
- Strong analytical experience in Media and/or Technology business. Digital marketing experience highly advantageous.
- Ability to work in a high pace environment with solid communication skills across all levels of the business.
- HFM experience advantageous.
- A qualified accountant with 3+ years post qualification experience.
- Experience in transfer pricing desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered £45000 to £60000 + benefits depending on experience