You are here
Commercial Head of Finance
Commercial role for Leading Division of International Business
Head of Finance role with genuine commercial impact
About Our Client
Our Client is the UK division of an international construction business. Based in Kent, this role is working for the most rapidly growing and successful division of the business, and represents a real opportunity for progression.
This is an all round role where you will head up the autonomous Kent based division from a finance perspective, but will forge very close working relationships with the commercial side of the company, helping to drive business forward.
As the Commercial Head of Finance, you will enjoy a broad and varied remit, which will include, but not be limited to:
- Taking overall control of the financial performance of the division
- Business analysis and reporting, including detailed project cost and profitability analysis
- Financial control and compliance, including cost management
- Working with department managers to develop efficient processes - financial and operational
- Providing financial and strategic support to the channel director and operations director
- Managing the contract review process, including financial evaluation, identifying key risks and liaising with the customers.
- Managing working capital; Working with the credit control team to improve debt collection, processes, query resolution and expediting applications for payment and final accounts
- Providing financial guidance, support and education to the contracts division
- Strategic and financial planning, including the preparation of annual budgets and monthly reforecasting
- Managing the open orders and outstanding invoice list
- Managing Key supplier negotiations, the supervision of our company buyer and various retrospective agreements and claim-back processes.
- Functional responsibility including two direct and two indirect reports
- Working closely with the accounts department in Head Office to create a robust, efficient and effective financial environment
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this commercial head of finance division will be
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Highly commercial and able to lead a team
- A Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to meet challenging deadlines
- Very conversant in a variety of IT and software packages
- Have experience of reporting within an international environment
- Able to get to Kent and travel to London
- Able to commercially review contracts, bids and tenders
Knowledge of ERP systems would also be an advantage
What's on Offer
Basic salary of £60-80,000 + benefits
The higher end of the salary range will be for candidates that can assume responsibility more immediately for the commercial side of the business, including contract review, as well as taking full responsibility for finance.