You are here
Commercial / IT Lawyer
- Well known UK Insurance business
- Broad range of commercial and technology contracts
About Our Client
A well known UK insurance business.
- Provide commercially focused advice on and/or draft and negotiate:
- a very broad range of commercial and technology contracts; and
- a wide variety of queries from across the business including in relation to advertising, marketing, data protection and IP.
- Develop and maintain internal know-how and templates and carry out training within the Legal team and to internal stakeholders.
- Effectively identify, assess and manage legal and reputational risk.
- Build relationships with stakeholders at all levels,
- Manage relationships with external legal advisers.
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years post-qualification experience obtained in a top law firm and/or leading in-house business.
- Experience in a regulated environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Understanding of and familiarity with a broad variety of commercial and IT work, including:
- procurement of goods and services including business process outsourcing, consulting and professional services;
- technology contracts and issues including software licensing and maintenance, hardware leasing and purchase, cloud computing and SaaS agreements;
- IP and marketing advisory experience particularly in relation to trademarks and advertising (preferably in a regulated environment); and
- data protection, data security and related privacy questions.
(Reference to PQE is a guide only and candidates with more or less experience who feel that they have relevant experience are encouraged to apply).
What's on Offer
A basic salary up to £85,000 (depending on experience) + benefits + bonus.