You are here
Commercial Lawyer - Financial Services
Prestigious financial services organsiation
About Our Client
Prestigious Financial Services organisation
- Assisting the Legal Manager with issuing and negotiating routine customer-facing documentation across all business divisions within organisation (London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong), in particular: terms of business; security agreements; guarantees; confidentiality agreements and other OTC documentation.
- Drafting and negotiating bespoke customer agreements and communications for customers across the Group as may be required from time to time;
- Review and negotiation of third party commercial contracts that the organisation is required to enter into in the course of their business;
- Assisting with intellectual property issues and the Group's intellectual property portfolio, including ensuring appropriate registration of patent, trademarks and domain names worldwide;
- Involvement in drafting and implementing the Group's regulatory driven policies and procedures, relating to matters including reference pricing, outsourcing and Modern Slavery Act;
- Liaising with external lawyers where required;
- Assisting the Legal Manager with the review of regulatory developments affecting the Group (EMIR, MiFID II, FATCA etc.);
- Assisting the Legal Manager with ensuring that the Group's customer documentation is compliant with new regulatory requirements, in particular EMIR, MiFID II and FATCA;
- Assisting the Legal Manager with ad hoc legal queries relating to the Group when they arise; and
- Assisting with compliance matters as necessary and as capacity allows.
The Successful Applicant
Training and PQE experience in city law firm. Finance, regulatory, corporate and/or litigation experience preferable but not essential. In house experience also preferable but not essential.
Candidate should have good communication skills, appropriate level of legal knowledge, strong work ethic, be keen to work as part of a team and undertake a variety of different types of legal work.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary + benefits