You are here
Commercial Manager - Civil Engineering
Leading UK Infrastructure & Industrial Services contractor
Large recently secured contracts
About Our Client
Our client are a leading multi disciplinary contractor, and who work across a variety of sectors including Industrial Services, Access Solutions, Civil Engineering, Energy
The role of Commercial Manager in will involve:
*Full commercial responsibility for 2 or 3 delivery areas
*P&L responsibility of roughly £30m p/a
*Monitor contract costs against agreed budgets - company financial reporting.
*Identify potential risks and evaluate options for control.
*Guide and advise staff on contractual issues
*Strong NEC contract knowledge
*Working closely with operations & supply chain to ensure robust procurement process & strategy
*Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements.
*Oversee the procedures for certification for contract payments to sub-contractors.
*Drafting and negotiating complex construction contracts (NEC3 and JCT/FIDIC/IChemE);
*Undertaking contract analysis/reviews;
*Understanding construction contract management and advise of process/strategy
*Lead contract and project training sessions.
The Successful Applicant
For the Commercial Manager we are looking for:
- Strong experience of Commercial works in the Civil Engineering or Industrial Services industry
- Pro active self-starter who is used to working at the demands of high profile clients
- Track record of managing a Commercial team
- Experience of contract management and complex construction contracts
- HND or higher in a relevant commercial/quantity surveying discipline
What's on Offer
£55000 to £68000 + car + package benefits