You are here
- Working for a leading Facilities Management contractor
- Manages supply contracts, new contracts, capital projects & contract variations
About Our Client
This role will be working for a successful service provider who have contracts nationally with high profile clients. This is a new position that is required to cover the growth in the number of contracts and clients.
The Commercial Manager will be expected to cover all types of contracts bid for and in operation in FM and capital projects. You will have responsibility for management and pricing of all contract variations and undertaking contract variance analysis.
Other duties for the role include:
- Price business opportunities for the Business Development Team. Provide advice on how to structure FM contracts and set up supply chains.
- Liaise with technical and operational leads to ensure that FM remain compliant with client and legal requirements
- Ensuring effective Quality Assurance and VFM for all variation related matters.
- Maintenance of an FM data management system which tracks all service variations including client services contract amendments and contractual variations.
- Undertake risk reviews with operational leads to effective mitigation of business risks.
- Supply chain commercial audits.
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Managing and coaching a team to achieve their objectives and improve their skills and performance
- Procuring new suppliers and contracts to ensure compliance with head contracts
The Successful Applicant
Candidates for this role should be experienced in a similar role and be degree qualified preferably as a Surveyor (either Quantity or Building) with significant experience of working in FM pricing and management. You will need to be an effective people manager, be able to get the best out of them and provide coaching to develop them over the longer term.
You should be ambitious and able to relate effectively with senior management whilst working with autonomy when required.
What's on Offer
The position of Commercial Manager has a salary of £50k to £60k plus a car, discretionary bonus and health, dental and life insurance.