You are here
- Communications Manager required for construction business.
- Must possess strrong stakeholder management skills.
About Our Client
A B2B Business seeking to engage an Communications Manager.
The accountabilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Delivering an integrated, aligned internal communications plan - incorporating the key messages and the values ofthe client.
- Identify, and agree with the senior leadership team, key messages to share by stakeholder group. Be a trusted business advisor on communications to the leadership team.
- Build a full year outline communications plan with a rolling three month detailed execution plan.
- Ensure that the communications strategy and responsibility is understood across the wider business - establishing clear responsibilities, and sign off procedures.
- Manage, produce and deliver internal communications publications, updates and bulletins
- Cascade and contribute to global communications designed for a UK audience .
- Support the PR Manager, as required, in the delivery of external communications, PR and crisis communications
- Working effectively with the wider marketing, Sales, Operations, HR, and wider business teams to ensure joined up consistent communication for external and colleague audiences
- Managing existing internal communications channels (including fortnightly e-bulletin, twice yearly newsletter, corporate email broadcasts, posterware…) to ensure maximum reach and usage and propose new tools.
- Representing the company and values of our business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work, whilst making sure all touch points are maintained to our People Network brand
- Be the 'go to' communications expert in the business
- Enhance existing communications, generate new initiatives, communicate the strategic objectives of the business and support change initiatives to improve employee motivation and engagement.
- Manage and further develop the UK-wide internal 'Communications Champions' network.
- Explore and utilise existing and new channels to generate positive publicity for the business through social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube etc) including monitoring of on-line comments and reacting to such when appropriate
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Communications Manager will:
- Be commercially astute, adaptable and used to working in a fast paced environment.
- Possess a successful track record of developing aligned strategic communication plans, and effectively delivering tactical day-to-day execution.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to distill complex organisational information into plain English text accessible to all levels within the organisation
- Be highly organised, analytical, flexible and able to work to challenging deadlines and possess an excellent command of written English - able to write engaging content for multiple channels including; publications, online, email, social media, press releases , posterware, cascade packs and face-to-face.
- Possess excellent proof reading skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate direct experience of building brand awareness
- Be a strong influencer and communicator with proven ability to operate effectively at all levels within an organisation,
- Demonstrate integrity when handling highly confidential material
What's on Offer
£Competitive + benefits.