You are here
This position is now filled
- Housing Compliance Manager
- Established Housing Association
About Our Client
Our client is a leading housing association in Manchester which provides social, private and mixed-use housing across the area.
- Ensure full understanding and contribute to the development of the Group's Asset Management Strategy and take responsibility for the planning and management of compliance work programmes.
- Act as the responsible person for the Group in regulations governing gas safety, electricity, asbestos, fire risk, legionella and other requirements as necessary arising from the ownership and management of properties and buildings.
- Develop programmes of work for M&E, gas safety, asbestos, fire risk and other relevant contracts that incorporate lifecycle investment plans to enable timely and effective procurement activities.
- Establish configuration baselines for all M&E contracts for use in the procurement of works. Be responsible for the procurement of external suppliers, such as specialist contractors and consultants where appropriate to ensure the service provided meets the needs of the Group.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements governing the entire asset base are met, as well as conditions set by insurance policies and regulatory bodies in the delivery of investment programmes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all statutory and compliance obligations are formally documented and implemented using the risk management and compliance systems to provide assurance in relation to building compliance across the Group.
- Plan and manage the outcomes of stock condition surveys or property inspections where remedial action, including renewals are required, linking this to planned works and liaising with colleagues and contractors as required. Ensure the capture of data arising from completed works programmes, utilising the Keystone and Orchard IT systems to maximum effect.
- Ensure all contract administration is carried out in a compliant and timely way with supplier performance reviews, reports and meetings clearly documented and recorded.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must possess the following skills/expertise:
- Considerable experience of working in a management/ supervisory role covering building compliance within the social housing sector or Local Authority sector.
- At least 3 year's management experience which includes responsibility for managing teams in the delivery of gas servicing programmes and management systems.
- Comprehensive experience of managing risk and compliance issues in relation to buildings/ facilities management, in particular issues that could be considered a breach of HCA regulatory standards.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Health & Safety, Building Services, or other relevant field
- BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings or other relevant qualification
- NEBOSH or equivalent qualification at certificate level
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- BOHS P901 Legionella - Management and control of building hot and cold services
- CEN1/CPA1 or equivalent certificates of competence in gas installation
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + benefits