You are here
- Supervisory body seeking
- immediately avaliable Compliance Officer
About Our Client
This client is a designated supervisor for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) purposes in the Business and Professional Services industry.
- The Compliance Officer will support the Professional Standards Manager in ensuring the client and its members maintain compliance with current AML/CTF regulations, legislation and guidance.
- Based in London you will be ensuring they maintain effective AML/CTF supervisory processes to combat Money Laundering (ML) and Terrorist Financing (TF); enabled through an in-depth understanding of International Standards, EU legislation and UK law.
- Implement the Recommendations of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and use these recommendations as a minimum benchmark for the clients supervisory processes
- The Compliance Officer good understanding of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA)
- Meet recommendations in adopting a risk based approach to supervision.
- Identify and understand the ML/TF threats to the accountancy sector and put effective processes and guidance in place to mitigate them.
- Using your own judgement bring to the attention of the Professional Standards Manager any issues which you feel appropriate, in particular ensuring that concerns and identified risks are reported in a timely and effective manner.
- Create and deliver the AML/CTF communications plan to members using various communication channels; monitoring reach and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain operational AML/CTF manuals for staff.
- A clear understanding of the supervised population and associated risks through analysis of annual return submissions. Onward reporting of results to external regulatory bodies and the Professional Standards Committee.
- Monitor AML/CTF activities of supervised population and ensure processes remain fit for purpose.
- A thorough understanding of all the clients regulatory processes in order to support the Professional Standards Manager as required to improve effectiveness of their regulatory framework.
- Ensure online monitoring systems are fit for purpose. Carry out testing as required following I.T fixes and upgrades.
- Maintain the AML/CTF section of the Members Handbook.
- Effective delivery of AML/CTF communications plan.
- Analysis and onward reporting of member AML/CTF compliance information.
- Run events, workshops and training around AML/CTF compliance as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Proactive and innovative manner of working
- Good communication - written and oral
- Ability to write clearly for different audiences
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good report writing, research, analytic and statistical skills
- Confidentiality in all matters
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Proficient user of full Microsoft Office applications
- Project management skills
What's on Offer