You are here
Concept Development Manager
- FMCG Market Leader
- Drive Organic Growth Through Innovation!
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in their FMCG Food category. With their UK base in Leeds, they are consistently at the forefront of innovation throughout Europe, with a strong understanding of their customer base. This business is renowned for developing their people and have the scope to continue growing.
The Concept Development Manager will be responsible for managing selected potentially high impact innovation/NPD projects through concept development and commercial processing in cooperation with the Category and Brand Management team.
Specifically, your day to day responsibilities would be to:
- Feed into the creation and deliver the +3 year innovation strategy aligned with the category and relevant brand strategy that supports the ambitions of the overall category.
- Create, lead and drive commercially viable innovation concepts from ideation through to Gate 2 for locally developed innovations - Branded and OL
- Present and prioritise on going commercially viable share and steal opportunities for the pipeline and take to gate 2 or 3 in Spring.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of retailer priorities and strategies to help fuel the OL pipeline in line with the internal OL Category strategy
- Within the framework of Arla Growth Platforms, identify and exploit opportunities for future growth through innovation
- Contribute to the development of local strategic innovation plans focused on delivery of transformational innovation with potentially significant impact on organic growth.
- Create and develop innovation projects through consumer, category and customer insight. Ensures that these projects result in robust business cases leading to impact on profitable growth.
- Influence global in developing the right product and packaging solutions for CUK aligned to the CUK category and innovation strategy.
- Collaborate with key external stakeholders (consumers, customers, suppliers and other partners).
The Successful Applicant
To be in contention for the Concept Development Manager position, you will need to be an established NPD or Innovation Manager within an FMCG organisation. Aside from this, you will also be required to have an understanding of Brand and Category Management in order to liaise with them effectively and understand the consumer needs to generate customer insight which feeds the innovation pipeline.
What's on Offer
On offer is a very generous salary and stable progression opportunities in one of the most established FMCG businesses in Europe.